Join Our Team
Current Randolph Tucker Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc. Openings
If you have a passion for children, the drive to help end the cycle of abuse, and the experience needed to make lasting change, you may be the perfect fit for the RTCAC team.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the position…
The Outreach Coordinator helps to coordinate and facilitate prevention, awareness, and MDIT response to child abuse. Working with the Multi-Disciplinary Investigative Team (MDIT), & Family Advocate:
1) Works with community agencies, partners, and organizations to coordinate and provide prevention, awareness and education services to adults and children in the program’s service area
The Outreach Coordinator position is part-time (20 hours per week), reporting to the Executive Director. A specific weekly schedule will be determined based on candidate availability and program needs. The Outreach Coordinator will be expected to work 8:30am-4:30pm two days per week and an additional four hours weekly, with occasional evening and weekend hours when needed for special events, support groups, or emergency cases. This position will be based in Elkins, WV, with travel within Tucker & Randolph Counties as needed for meetings, events, outreach, and client support required. Compensation will be based on candidate qualifications, prior experience, and the availability of funding.
Job responsibilities include…
• Facilitating outreach efforts in prevention, awareness, and MDIT response to child abuse
• Coordinating and delivering RTCAC’s prevention programs, including the Child Protection Unit curriculum for children and the Stewards of Children training for adults
• Tracking outcomes and contributing to data collection and grant reporting on a regular basis
• Staying abreast of current research and best practices in victim advocacy, child abuse prevention, child maltreatment, and related fields
• Attending training, conferences, and meetings as a member of the RTCAC team
• Assisting with fundraising events
• Supervising volunteers and interns, as needed
• Contributing to a dynamic, positive, forward-thinking, and collaborative work environment
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Two years of experience working with abused children and/or families impacted by violence preferred; a genuine interest to work with these populations required
• Strong interpersonal and engagement skills, listening and communication skills, and crisis management skills required
• Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team with a willingness to appreciate different points of view and problem solve in a constructive manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills needed, ability to engage in front of an audience
• Classroom management skills recommended
• Strong time management skills needed
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point) needed
• Dependable transportation with car insurance and the willingness to travel
• Must pass criminal background and CPS Child Abuse Registry checks prior to direct client contact
RTCAC is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all qualified, reliable, and productive employees without regard to age, color, race, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
About the Oranization
First established in 2003 and accredited in 2010, the Randolph-Tucker Children’s Advocacy Center plays a critical, front-line role in responding to child maltreatment by coordinating a collaborative approach to the investigation of sexual and severe physical abuse, while ensuring that children and their families receive immediate, effective support. RTCAC also provides community outreach and prevention education to adults and children in our service area.
RTCAC is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving Randolph and Tucker Counties in West Virginia. The primary office location is in downtown Elkins. RTCAC is a member of the West Virginia Child Advocacy Network and an accredited member program of the National Children’s Alliance.