Attend a Randolph Tucker Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc. event
Champions for Children -April 12th, 2024
Join us at the Parsons Firehall April 12th as we honor local community members as Randolph & Tucker Counties’ Champions for Children. Enjoy dinner, entertainment, and a live auction to benefit the Children’s Advocacy Center programs.
Stewards of Children. Call to register 304-630-2214
The Stewards of Children workshop will increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child-protective behaviors. This program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations, churches, and community groups.
This workshop is being offered to you FREE of charge. Donations are welcome! CEUS may be available
• Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
• The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
• Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
• The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
• The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
• Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
• New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
• Individual commitment to action with a personal prevention plan